You are here: Skip breadcrumbAttorney-General's Department >> About us >> Contact us

Contact us

Head office locations

Robert Garran Offices
3-5 National Circuit

4 National Circuit

Services for people with hearing or speech impairments

  • TTY users: call 133 677 then ask for 02 6141 6666.
  • Speak and listen users: call 1300 555 727 then ask for 02 6141 6666.
  • Internet relay users: connect to the National Relay Service then ask for 02 6141 6666.

Privacy collection notice

Any personal information (such as your name or telephone number) that you provide when contacting the Attorney-General’s Department will be used for the purposes of responding to you as appropriate in the circumstances. Depending on the nature of your enquiry, this may involve disclosing your personal information and/or redirecting your enquiry to another Australian or state or territory government agency. It will not ordinarily include disclosing your personal information overseas.

Our Privacy Policy outlines our personal information handling practices, including details on how you can seek access or correction of the personal information that we hold about you. The Privacy Policy also contains information about how you can contact us, and how you can make a complaint about a breach of our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988.

Enquiries, feedback and complaints

Our feedback handling process ensures that enquiries, feedback and complaints are resolved promptly and satisfactorily and that our procedures are improved where possible. We will investigate and try to resolve complaints and enquiries in accordance with our Client Service Charter. We report on the operation of the Client Service Charter, including complaints received and the resolution of those complaints in our annual report.

You may use our Enquiries, feedback and complaints form for matters that fall under the responsibility of the Attorney-General’s Department. The Attorney-General and the Minister for Justice can be contacted via their websites.

If you have an enquiry or complaint about any of our portfolio agencies, we suggest you contact the agency in the first instance. Contact details are available from their websites.

All other enquiries should be directed to your state, territory or federal parliamentary representative or the responsible state, territory or federal minister.

Submit your enquiry, feedback or complaint

Submit an enquiry by using our online Enquiries, feedback and complaints form or by calling the Switchboard on 02 6141 6666.

If you are a marriage celebrant or your enquiry relates to marriage in Australia, please visit the Marriage page to submit your enquiry.

Make a complaint by using our online Enquiries, feedback and complaints form or by contacting the Complaints Handling Area on 02 6141 2525.