The National Security Hotline is your single point of contact to provide information on possible signs of terrorism and about issues that may relate to national security.
Your calls can make a difference.
Our operators take every call seriously. You can remain anonymous if you wish.
The National Security Hotline number is 1800 123 400.
You can also contact the hotline by mail or email.
Mail: National Security Hotline
3-5 National Circuit
BARTON ACT 2600
If you're travelling overseas and become aware of threats to Australia's security, you can contact the hotline toll free on +61 1300 1234 01.
If you need a translation and interpreting service, call 13 14 50 and ask them to contact the National Security Hotline.
The hotline passes information relating to national security to police and security agencies for investigation.
If you want to:
you should call:
- report a crime
- get advice about local security and safety issues in your community
- your local police on 131 444
- Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000
- call police, fire or ambulance response to a life-threatening emergency
- report a crime in progress