Human trafficking information sheet for Commonwealth Government procurement officers
Under the Commonwealth Procurement Rules, Commonwealth Government officials are obliged to act ethically. This includes ensuring that no business providing goods or services to the Australian Government is tainted by human trafficking, slavery or slavery-like practices anywhere in the supply chain.
The Human Trafficking—Information sheet for Commonwealth Government procurement officers provides Commonwealth officials with further guidance on ethical procurement and supply chain exploitation.
Our department has also undertaken a range of education and awareness-raising activities including:
- briefing the Commonwealth's Senior Procurement Officers' Reference Group
- publishing an article in the Commonwealth Procurement Bulletin reminding procurement officers of their obligations with respect to ethical procurement
- delivering training to departmental officers on ethical procurement
- providing information about ethical procurement on this website
- amending the Secretary's Instructions to address ethical procurement.