Skip to main content

Contact us

Head office locations

Robert Garran Offices
3-5 National Circuit

4 National Circuit

Services for people with hearing or speech impairments

If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment contact us through the National Relay Service and give 02 6141 6666 as the number you would like to call.

Privacy collection notice

Any personal information (such as your name or telephone number) that you provide when contacting the Attorney-General's Department will be used for the purposes of responding to you as appropriate in the circumstances. Depending on the nature of your enquiry, this may involve disclosing your personal information and/or redirecting your enquiry to another Australian or state or territory government agency. It will not ordinarily include disclosing your personal information overseas.

Our Privacy Policy outlines our personal information handling practices, including details on how you can seek access or correction of the personal information that we hold about you. The Privacy Policy also contains information about how you can contact us, and how you can make a complaint about a breach of our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988.


If you require personal support, contact Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14.

We are committed to achieving and maintaining a high level of service in all areas. This includes providing quality information and advice to members of the public that is timely, responsive and apolitical.

Generally, we will reply to correspondence within 28 days. This is in accordance with our Client Service Charter.

For all general enquiries, call 02 6141 6666.

If you have an enquiry about any of our portfolio agencies, contact the agency in the first instance. Contact details are available from their websites.

All other enquiries should be directed to your state, territory or federal parliamentary representative or the responsible state, territory or federal minister.

Submit your enquiry

If you are a marriage celebrant or your enquiry relates to marriage in Australia, visit the Marriage page to submit your enquiry.

If your enquiry relates to Commonwealth statutory declarations, visit the statutory declarations page for frequently asked questions or to submit an enquiry.

One file only.
20 MB limit.
Allowed types: pdf, docx, jpg, png, gif, xlsx, jpeg.
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.