The Attorney-General's Department uses a range of social media channels to interact with the Australian and international community.
We use our Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube accounts to distribute and share information relating to our department. We monitor our social media accounts during business hours, 9.00am to 5.00pm AEST, Monday to Friday. If you would like to send us an enquiry please do so via our Contact Us page as we are unable to provide an official response via social media.
Connect with us
We manage the following accounts:
Journalists seeking an official response from the department should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a user of our social media sites, you may express your views, comments, ideas, insights, and criticisms about the department.
When using our social media sites, please ensure you:
- protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including inappropriate personal information of either yourself or of others in your posts to the wall (for example, names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers)
- represent your own views and not impersonate or falsely represent any other person
- do not be abusive, harass or threaten others
- do not make defamatory or libellous comments
- do not use insulting, provocative, offensive or hateful language
- do not post material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others
- do not post multiple versions of the same view make excessive postings on a particular issue
- do not promote commercial interests
- do not include internet addresses, links to websites or email addresses
- do not make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organisations
- do not engage in or encourage conduct that may or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, provincial, national or international law or regulation anywhere in the world
- do not incite hatred on the basis of any personal characteristic, including on the basis of race, gender, marital or domestic status, disability, sexuality or age
- do not identify matters that are the subject of legal proceedings or would break a court order
- do not make comments that are irrelevant to the topic being discussed.
Our department may change this policy at any time.