Modern Slavery Expert Advisory Group
The Australian Government is committed to combating the scourge of modern slavery in global supply chains. The government has established the Modern Slavery Expert Advisory Group to provide expert advice on the operation of the Commonwealth Modern Slavery Act 2018.
Modern Slavery Expert Advisory Group members
The Australian Government has appointed 20 members to the Modern Slavery Expert Advisory Group through a merit-based selection process.
Members have been appointed for an initial term of 2 years, and represent a diverse cross-section of business, civil society, union and academic experts.
- Australian Catholic Anti-Slavery Network
- Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Australian Council of Superannuation Investors
- Australian Council of Trade Unions
- Australian Industry Group
- Be Slavery Free
- Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Business Council of Australia
- Human Rights Law Centre
- Institute for Human Rights and Business
- United Nations Global Compact Network Australia
- Uniting Church in Australia, Synod of Victoria and Tasmania
- Walk Free
- Woolworths Group
- Professor Justine Nolan, Australian Human Rights Institute, University of New South Wales Sydney
- Kylie Porter, SunRice Group
- Margaret Stuart, Nestlé Australia Limited
- Ro Coroneos, Lendlease Corporation
- Sebastian Conley, Transurban
- Shaeron Yapp, Rio Tinto
If you or someone you know is a victim of slavery please reach out to one of the below organisations for help. In an emergency, or if a child is concerned, dial 000.
Australian Federal Police
- Phone: 02 9514 8115
- Email: email@example.com