National Self-Representation Service
The Attorney-General’s Department funds a national self-representation service to provide assistance to unrepresented people in the Federal Court and Federal Circuit Courts.
Assistance is provided in priority areas such as:
- social security
- consumer law
- judicial review
- employment law.
The service provides eligible applicants with:
- legal advice
- assistance to prepare court documents and correspondence
- help to understand the legal system, court rules and alternative options for resolving disputes.
The service is provided across Australia by the following organisations:
- LawRight (formerly Queensland Public Interest Clearing House) – Queensland
- Legal Aid Western Australia - Western Australia
- JusticeNet South Australia - South Australia and Northern Territory
- Justice Connect - New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, Australian Capital Territory.