The Respect@Work Council brings together leaders from key government regulators and policy makers responsible for sexual harassment policies and complaints.
The Respect@Work Council’s purpose is to improve coordination, consistency and clarity across existing legal and regulatory frameworks, and to identify ways to promote safer workplaces.
The Respect@Work Council held its first two meetings on 19 March 2021 and 21 May 2021. The next meeting is scheduled for July 2021.
Read the meeting outcomes
The Respect@Work Council consists of the following core members:
- Sex Discrimination Commissioner, Australian Human Rights Commission
- General Manager, Fair Work Commission
- Fair Work Ombudsman
- Chief Executive Officer, Safe Work Australia
- Chair, Heads of Workplace Safety Authorities
- Chair, Heads of Workers’ Compensation Authorities
- Chair, Australian Council of Human Rights Authorities
- Deputy Secretary, Integrity and International Group, Attorney-General’s Department.