Review of the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 final report
The Final Report on the Statutory review of the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 was tabled before Parliament on 18 March 2015.
The Report considered
- the effect of the reforms introduced by the Act
- the level of awareness and understanding of the Act
- the incidence and causes of non-compliance with the Act
- opportunities for minimising regulatory and administrative burdens including cost
- opportunities for further efficiencies
In looking at these matters, this Report also considered
- the scope and definitions of personal property
- the desirability of introducing thresholds
- the interaction of the Act with other legislation
- other relevant matters
This report includes extensive recommendations on how to improve the Act, including simplification of the Act and of the Personal Property Securities Register, as required by the terms of reference for the review.
For enquiries about the statutory review of the PPS Act, email PPSAReform@ag.gov.au.