Skip to main content

Important COVID-19 information
Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the Attorney-General’s Department: Find out how our services are being delivered and how you can access them. For the latest COVID-19 news, updates and advice from the Australian Government, visit

Commonwealth-registered marriage celebrant – Complaint form

Marriage celebrants​
Publication date

You can use this form to make a complaint about a Commonwealth-registered marriage celebrant to the Registrar of Marriage Celebrants. If you are unsure whether the celebrant is a Commonwealth-registered marriage celebrant, you should check the list of Commonwealth Registered Celebrants.

Before making a complaint, please read the information on how to complain about a marriage celebrant which outlines the complaints process, including the types of complaints we can deal with and possible outcomes.